Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy!
There's not really a recipe on this one, but here are a few notes.
- Use can also use a cupcake liner inside the cone to prevent it from getting soggy
- Use various size melon ballers to help stack the fruit.
- Top each cone off with a mint leaf.
- Eating the Alphabet: Fruits and Vegetables from A to Z by Lois Ehlert
- Fruit is Fun! by Jasmin Hill
- Fruit Salad by Richard Swan
- Fruit Salad Party by Sumera Nabi
- The World of Fruits by Maria Skrebtsova
I must give credit to one of my best friends on this one! She is so creative and always looking for a healthy way to celebrate. If each child in your son or daughter's class brought in cupcakes on their birthdays, our kids would be eating cupcakes at least 2 times a month. We need to set the example for our children by making healthier choices. Why not send in ice cream fruit salad cones instead! :) Make sure to use cake cones as they have less than 20 calories each! Thank you Rachel!
Speech and Language Pathologist
As the lead therapist and owner of Teach Beyond Speech Therapy Services, LLC., Elisa Cartagena provides academically relevant speech therapy for children from preschool through adolescence throughout the Greater Fort Lauderdale of Broward County including Davie, Plantation, Sunrise, and Weston. She has over 15 years of experience in the education field that includes classroom teaching, ESE education, and speech and language therapy services.
keywords: healthy snacks, school, birthday celebrations